- 2nd most competitive state in Brazil, according to The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- 3rd best business and investments environment of the country.
- 5th largest GDP in Brazil.
- Access to a GDP of U$$ 1.7 trillion within a 1500 km radius.
- The safest incentive and support program of Brazil.
São José dos Pinhais
Foz do Iguaçu
GDP (in R$ billion - 2016)
- Privileged position, with easy connection to 260 million Mercosul consumers.
- 2nd largest container handling in 2018, with almost 9 million of TEU.
- Located close to the main consumer markets in Brazil. Best choise for accessing Mercosul markets.
- Access by open water to 3 other ports and port warehouse.
of paved roads
- 40 airports, including Foz do Iguaçu international airport and Afonso Pena International airport, rated as best passenger terminal in Brazil.
- First brazilian state 100% covered by optical fiber (399 municipalities).
- Network capacity of 400 Gbps and 40 channels of 10 Gbps.
- 2 ports – Antonina e Paranaguá.
- New Global Port under construction.
- 1 waterway, Paraná river more than 1,000 km long.
- Workmanship with high productivity rate when compared to other brazilian region.
- Cultural and religious diversity consolidated by centuries of different ethnic group coexistence.
- 30 thecnology incubators in 15 cities.
- Technical education institutions in 35 cities.
- International and bilingual schools in the main cities of the state..
- Abundant and skilled workmanship force.
- More than 500 thousand students in college level education (80 thousand in distance education).
- More than 100 thousand students in technical education.
“The choice of the state of Paraná was due to the good business environment, proximity to major vehicle manufacturers and the support received from the State of Paraná."
President of Sumitomo Rubber in Brazil
natural gas coverage
- Largest electricity generator in Brazil
- COPEL was elected the best company of the sector in the country, according to ANEEL.
- Fast installations and co-investment in substation for new industrial plants.
Industrial gas covering a large part of the state : the best distributor between the large ones in Brazil.
- Has its own generating facilities, with 32 hydroelectric power plants of all sizes. A thermoelectric power plant close to the largest consumer region of the state.
PRODUCTIVE CAPABILITIES OF PARANÁ
WHY TO INVEST IN PARANÁ
Paraná is the state that has:
The best city to live in Brazil and the second best QUALITY OF LIFE in Latin America.
One of the BEST DESTINATIONS for investments and business in Brazil.
The second LARGEST CARGO PORT of Brazil.
The BEST ACCESS to Mercosul (a market with a GDP of U$$ 1.3 trillion).
The BEST UTILITY COMPANIES in the country (sanitation, power supply, telecommunication).
One of the MOST INNOVATIVE cities in Latin America.
Workmanship force twice MORE PRODUCTIVE in certain sectors when compared to other states in Brazil.
The best INFRASTRUCTURE in the south of the country.
One of the LARGEST technological innovation polos in Brazil.